Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
You can make baked donuts easily with a donut pan- no deep frying required. This recipe is also vegan, and can be made gluten free with flour substitution. Share a batch of cinnamon sugar goodness with a mug of hot apple cider and voila! Cozy fall snack complete.
Ingredients for the Donuts
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose (AP) flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (not the imitation stuff)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 T LEVO infused coconut oil, melted
Ingredients for Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- 1/4 cup LEVO infused coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease your donut pan
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, almond milk pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring gently to combine after each addition. Your batter should be on the thicker side and not pourable. Think more like cookies and less like cake.
- Once the batter is combined and ready, use a spoon to place the batter into the donut pan. Distribute evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the donuts spring back lightly when pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the donuts are cooling, pour the 1/4 of melted coconut oil or vegan butter into a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Once your donuts are cool, dip one side into the coconut oil, then dip it into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Gently shake off the excess and dip again for the other side of the doughnut. Be sure to coat & sugar the sides as well!
- Try not to eat all of them at once.
Pro tip: These donuts are best enjoyed fresh. If you want to save more for later, place any leftover donuts in a ziplock bag lined with paper towels. Spread the donuts out in one layer and store in the fridge.
Photography and recipes by GOOD-SAINT. Visit their site for more info on plant-based living, including how your LEVO can be a part of a vegan diet.
Be sure to share your donuts pics with @LEVO_Oil and let everyone know it's #LEVOmade.